- Improving Outcomes
- Behavioral Science
- Health Disparities
- Complex Patients with Comorbid Disease
- Comparative Effectiveness
- Consultative Support for Investigators
- Comprehensive Center of Excellence in Disparities Research and Community Engagement (CEDREC)
Dr. Gbenga Ogedegbe
Associate Professor, NYU
Dr. Alvin I. Mushlin
The mission of the Research Core is:
- to build on an existing research infrastructure and support the development, implementation and dissemination of original and innovative research studies focusing on identifying and understanding the clinical, psychological, social, cultural and environmental determinants of health disparities.
- to provide support in research design, selection of specific measures, data management and maintenance, and statistical analysis for all projects under CEDREC.
- to provide support and increase expertise in biostatistics, research design and data management for all investigators within CEDREC and minority investigators who will be trained under the Research Training Core.
Currently the CEDREC Research Core is supporting the following research:
Multibehavioral Intervention to Increase Screening and Enhance Risk Reduction in Black Men (MISTER-B)
PI: Gbenga Ogedegbe M.D., M.S., M.P.H.
This randomized, controlled trial will evaluate the effect of a lifestyle intervention delivered through telephone-based motivational interviewing (MINT), versus a patient navigator intervention on blood pressure reduction and CRC screening, among African American males.