We are seeing patients in-person and through Video Visits. Learn more about how we’re keeping you safe and please review our updated visitor policy. Please also consider supporting Weill Cornell Medicine’s efforts to support our front-line workers.

Our Programs

Residents in the Weill Department of Medicine spend about 90% of their time providing care within the NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medicine hospital and outpatient practices, while benefiting from our affiliations with neighboring world-class institutions Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, the Hospital for Special Surgery and Rockefeller University, for important clinical and research experience. The training experience includes a balance of invaluable clinical rotations, investigative and research opportunities, mentorship by renowned faculty, and exposure to cutting edge medicine.

The program is organized as a 6 + 2 block schedule for the first (PGY1) and third (PGY3) year residents, while the PGY2s have a weekly continuity clinic to provide expanded elective time to explore the specialties. Our Primary Care and Medical Research tracks maintain the 6 + 2 block schedule throughout.

In the past three years, 70% of our graduates across all programs and tracks have pursued additional training through specialty fellowships. The remaining 30% have secured clinical positions as hospitalists or general internal medicine providers, with a handful working in global health and health IT, and a recent White House Fellow!

Our Programs

Contact Information

Mailing Address

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/
Weill Cornell Medical Center
Weill Department of Medicine 
525 East 68th Street, Box 130
New York, NY 10065

Residency Office

530 East 70th Street, M-507
New York, NY 10021
Tel: (212) 746-4749

Education Events

Education News