- Medical Student Education
- Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Global Health Research Fellowship
- Health Equity Research Training Fellowship
- Hospital Medicine Point of Care Ultrasound Fellowship
- Hospital Medicine Clinical Scholars
- Point of Care Ultrasound Training
- General Internal Medicine Internship
In 2018, General Internal Medicine started the GIM Internship, led by Anita Mesi, M.B.A., Division Administrator. The internship is designed to provide high school, college and graduate students with exposure and familiarity with career opportunities in the field of General Internal Medicine.
The internship program:
- Provides each intern with faculty mentorship that aligns with their interests
- Promotes workforce diversity
- Provides adequate/structured supervision in a safe environment with necessary tools to perform tasks
- Recruits qualified candidates, creating awareness and enthusiasm that will lead to careers in medicine and general internal medicine
- Increases collaboration across all divisional programs
The following General Internal Medicine programs have accepted interns in the past:
- Patient Activated Learning System
- REGARDS Program
- Southeastern Collaboration
- Weight Management Program
- Cornell Center for Health Equity Peer-Educator Network
- Quality University, Department of Medicine
- Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction Program (HFpEF)
- Weill Cornell Community Clinic
- Behavioral Medicine & Physical Activity Research
- Social Cognitive Determinants of Health Behaviors
- Quality of Care of Patients with Arthritis
- Cancer Health Disparities
- Research Data Analytic Group
- Finance and Operations in an Academic Health System
This internship program is open to external and internal applicants.
- University/college graduates
- Post-baccalaureate students
- Current university/college students
- High school juniors and seniors
The internship is full-time and offers two options: a 6 week program and a 12 week program.
Interns not participating in other established programs will receive a stipend upon completion of the internship program. All interns will be required to complete a W9 form towards the end of their internship.
Internship applications open January 7, 2019 and close February 11, 2019. External/Internal applicants please complete this application form. If you have any questions or concerns, contact Arta Habili, Marketing Manager at email@example.com.